Denying the allegations leveled over a supposedly large-scale hotel built near the Sinharaja Forest, Yoshitha Rajapaksa, son of Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa, has sent a letter of demand to environmentalist Sajeewa Chamikara through his lawyers seeking a compensation of Rs. 500 million within seven days.
Rajapaksa in his letter cites that Chamikara's statement is false, baseless and insulting.
Chamikara on August 19 told media that a large scale hotel belonging to Yoshitha Rajapaksa was built in the Sinharaja Forest and a road is being developed penetrating the forest canvass to enter the hotel.
Rajapaksa also makes the following demands in his letter;
- Acknowledge that there is no truth to this statement and plead apology
- Inform the relevant media institutions or parties to remove this news item, had it been published on media, and make arrangements to remove the news item
- Acknowledge before media through a press release that there is no truth to this statement
- Statement that no baseless allegations will be leveled against Mr. Yoshitha Rajapaksa again
- Payment of Rs. 500 million as compensation within 07 days