A total of 7097 people have died of the virus in Great Britain, including England, where the virus is spreading. The total number of cases reported in the country has exceeded 60,000.
Ten Sri Lankans are reported to have died in England. Another significant number of Sri Lankans are infected with the virus.
It is reported that two of the dead were doctors who had retired as doctors in the country. They have been actively involved in the anti-Covid campaign in the past few days and both have been infected with the virus.
One of the dead doctors is 70 year old Anton Sebastian Pillai. After graduating from the University of Peradeniya in 1967, he worked as a doctor at Kingston Hospital in England.
He has also authored several books on the field of medicine. His book, A Dictionary of the History of Medicine, has won the British Medical Council award.
Sebastian Pillai is the greatest Sri Lankan ever killed by Covid19.
Below are the details of Sri Lankans who have been confirmed dead in Great Britain.
01. Henry Jayawardena (Engineer in London)
02.Lucky Wijeratne (61 years living in London)
03. Siddarambam Pillai Kuga Prasad (East London, 75 years, worked as an Income Tax Officer)
04.Waduge Sudath Thilakasiri (an old boy of Sumangala Vidyalaya Panadura)
05.Anura Gallage 62 years (Edmonton resided in North London)
06. Lalith Chula Perera (72 years old resident of Acton, London. He is an old boy of Ananda College, Colombo)
07. Dr. Anton Sebastian Pillai (retired Doctor of Kingston Hospital for 70 years)
08.Dr. Siva Nandan (76 years retired doctor)
09.Mr. Wilson Pannipitiya (80 years Northampton)
10. Pastor Deva Amarasinghe (62 year old pastor residing in Slough)